AIR CONDITIONING (AC) systems (HVAC, packaged AC, split and window units)
Ambient temperature is very important for a conducive environment for the apartments and equipment in the property. We utilize today’s technology in cooling of locations through Direct Digital Control HVAC system. The areas controlled by this system have been engineered to allow fresh air and temperature controls. Appropriate and prompt assurance of proper cooling is made through efficient management of the air-conditioning units specifically through;
- Scheduled Maintenance – Planned Preventive Maintenance
- Breakdown Maintenance – Reactive Maintenance
- Restorative Maintenance
This maintenance will be performed on a monthly basis as detailed below
Air-Conditioning Maintenance Procedures
- Clean and wash all filters.
- Replace broken and damaged filters.
- Test air-conditioner in position and record the following after 5 minutes running time
- Measure both evaporator and condenser on-coil and off-coil air temperatures to determine coil efficiencies and indicate system performance. These temperature differences (ΔT) must be within manufacturer specifications
- Measure AC power supply current reading with compressor running under full cooling load. These values must be within manufacturer’s specifications.
- Measure AC power supply Voltage reading with compressors running under full cooling load to be within manufacturer’s specification.
- Observe for any abnormal noise or vibration and rectify.
- Test air-conditioner for auto re-start
- Inspect if Anti Freeze thermostat is installed. Report if not fitted.
- Set discharge louvers to point to equipment and not towards movement alarm
- Inspect air-conditioner casings, repair broken casings and treat rusted areas.
- Observe any abnormal noise and vibration and rectify.
- Replace thermostat if not functional.
- Inspect fan blades for any cracks or damage and repair.
- Inspect all refrigerant lines for vibration damage and rectify
- Inspect all contacts and rectify loose connections.
- Inspect for burnt wiring (discolouring of insulation material) and rectify
- Comb distorted condenser and evaporator fins.
The following air-conditioning scheduled maintenance would be done, in addition to the normal maintenance cycle work, on a quarterly maintenance cycle:
- Remove air-conditioners
- Clean inside of sleeve and seal sleeve
- Seal vandal protection cover outside against walls
- Repaint or touch up sleeve and air-conditioning unit
- Rinse coils with high-pressure spray. This must be applied in such a way that it is effective without deforming or damaging the coils
- Repair of failed air-conditioning units.
- When replacing air-conditioner compressors and/or total air-conditioning units, that failed after 1 (one) year of operation.
- Warranty related repairs
- Incorrect settings of thermostat by the Employer or persons authorised thereby
- Design parameters of site resulting in voltage variations provided that the same is beyond the design parameters for the air-conditioning units.
- Design parameters of site causing voltage variations outside the parameters of the design of the machines.